Most Cartridge World stores carry more than 150 different premium inks and toners. This will ensure that the ink we use to refill your empty inkjet cartridge works with the specifications of your printer and helps you produce high quality documents.
After we've refilled your cartridge, follow these tips to keep your printer and cartridges in top condition. This will help you continue to save money in the long run:
Please Note: If your hands or clothes become stained with toner, wash them with lukewarm water and soap. For clothes, simply brush off outside in the open air. Do not wash toner-stained clothes in hot water as the toner will set into a permanent stain. Use cold water only.
With inkjet printers, liquid ink is projected onto the paper to form an image. Before we see how the ink and paper interact, let's look at the structure of ink and paper.
Ink is made up of a coloring agent, a carrier body, a solvent that keeps it liquid until it leaves the print head, and various chemical stabilizers. The Coloring Agent may be either a dye or a pigment, regardless of the color. The difference is that a dye is a chemical solution, and the pigment is a mineral oxide, ground exceptionally fine, and put into a chemical compound, both then added to the carrier body.
Paper is made up of cellulose fibers from trees and other like materials. During the making of the paper the fibers form a mesh, with a 60:40 ratio, 60% of the fibers run in one direction, and the other 40% lie at right angles.
Paper is also 5% (average) water. If it weren't it would be as brittle as an autumn leaf. Paper is also chemically treated and finished depending on the end use. For example, newspaper is a very coarse paper, where Bond paper, frequently found in office letters, is a high-grade paper with many finishing chemical additives.
Dye-based ink actually soaks into the cellulose fibers, giving a far richer color. The trade-off is that absolute sharpness in not achievable. Pigment-based ink behaves completely differently. The ink is projected at the paper, the carrier body then evaporates, and the pigment adheres to the paper fiber. This results in a clear image, but the color doesn't have the saturation of dye-based ink.
Please Note: If you have any problems with the ink not drying, or soaking through the paper, change to a different type of paper.